Cocktails + Libations = Cocktations

If you are wondering what a cocktation is, yours is a valid question. Cocktation is in fact a made-up word that tumbled from my mouth one day when I was trying to say the word concoction. That nifty little neologism was the seed idea for this blog, and here we both are today.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Mommy Dearest

I love the campy film, Mommy Dearest. I understand it wasn't meant to be campy, and Faye Dunaway was disappointed that her performance wasn't taken more seriously. That said, the movie has its place, and last night I found myself watching it again. In honor of Joan Crawford's tendencies towards public drunkenness (check this video out of Joan in an airport in 1968), I give you...

Mommy Dearest
2.5 oz Lillet Rose
1 oz Rhuby
1 tsp Fee Bros Passion Fruit syrup
1 lemon swath garnish

Stir over ice, and strain into ice filled short glass. Garnish with lemon swath, expressing oils over glass and wiping over glass rim. Serve with 2 short straws and remember, 

"I'm not mad at you, Helga, I'm mad at the dirt! Now, Tina, bring me the axe!"

Cheers, ~Dr. Cocktation


 

No comments:

Post a Comment