Cocktails + Libations = Cocktations

If you are wondering what a cocktation is, yours is a valid question. Cocktation is in fact a made-up word that tumbled from my mouth one day when I was trying to say the word concoction. That nifty little neologism was the seed idea for this blog, and here we both are today.

Friday, November 6, 2009

2 Cocktails in Honor of My Doggy--Chablis

Hello and welcome to Cocktations--my effort at documenting all of the cocktails, the good, the bad, and the ugly, that I make up on weekends after the 5pm whistle blows on Fridays. I'll also be documenting the creations of others that I try, tweak (or just leave as is), and enjoy (or not). I'm not a bartender, or a professional mixologist. I am a psychologist (no, I'm not interested in analyzing you), a wine dork, a foodie, a home do-it-yourself-er, and many other things. I am also a cocktail enthusiast who loves to experiment at home in the hopes of coming up with that perfect cocktail that is so much more than the sum of its parts--the holy grail of cocktails [insert angels singing and bright ethereal lights here].

To start things off, I though I would post the recipe for 2 cocktails that I made in August of 2009 (08.08.09 to be exact), in honor of my puppy, a 13-year-old Maltese named Chablis.

The Chablis
3 oz Lillet blanc
1 oz limoncello
squeeze of lemon
3 dashes Fee Bros cherry bitters
3 oz sparkling water
Build in a highball glass over ice.

The Collapsing Trachea
[So named for my doggy's condition. I figure when life gives you "lemons" make "lemonade."]
3 oz Lillet blanc
1 oz limoncello
1/2 oz kirschwasser
3 oz cream soda
squeeze of lemon
Build in a tall glass over ice. Garnish with lemon slice.


These two drinks are obviously variations on the same theme, with the use of Lillet (obviously a tip-of-the-hat to my puppy's French name), the limoncello, and a cherry element in each (due to my doggy's sweetness). Both were quite enjoyable in their own ways, and I hope if you try them you enjoy them as well.

Cheers!
~Dr. Cocktation

No comments:

Post a Comment