Cocktails + Libations = Cocktations

If you are wondering what a cocktation is, yours is a valid question. Cocktation is in fact a made-up word that tumbled from my mouth one day when I was trying to say the word concoction. That nifty little neologism was the seed idea for this blog, and here we both are today.

Friday, November 13, 2009

A Brand New Cocktail for Friday the 13th

I'm back from a business trip to NOLA and was itching to play around with the booze tonight. I think this one is going to be a keeper, although I'd like to play more with different proportions, if I hadn't run out of Tuaca. Nevertheless, I offer for your drinking pleasure...

The Switzerland
1.5 oz calvados (Morin)
1 oz Tuaca
1 oz Berentzen's Apfelkorn
3 dashes Fee Bros bitters
Shake over ice and strain into a cocktail glass

I chose the name because the liquors/liqueurs that go into this drink represent France, Italy, and Germany--a bit of a mixed bag when it comes to the World Wars. Looking for something that represents a balance among these three countries in history, I hit upon the idea of Switzerland, being located in the middle of all three countries and decidedly neutral in both of the wars. If anyone plays around with ratios and finds a better balance (although I like this balance just fine, but then again I do have a bit of a sweet tooth) let me know!

Cheers, ~Dr. Cocktation

No comments:

Post a Comment